[DML] Winshield washer pump access...what am I missing?

[DML] Winshield washer pump access...what am I missing?

Just when you thought it was safe.....

ANOTHER question.

What am I doing wrong.

My windsheild washer pump burned out and am trying to access it for replacement.

There are 6 or 8 small screws around the perimeter of the compartment that attach it to the underside of the car.  Every screw I put a socket on just spins....doesn't come loose...doesn't tighten.

I've tried wd40, and penetrating oil...no luck.  Any helpful hints?

P.S.  I've tried secret passwords like @^%@#$^ and *(($#($*& ...but the compartment refuses to budge.

No one ever told me owning a Delorean would be THIS much fun! :)

Thanks for any help.

mike@xxxx
VIN #17089
windsor, ontario