[DML] Re: Right angle drive

Best thing is to take it off the car. If you do this make sure you get the bolt back on TIGHT, it holds the spindle axle on the car.

Second best is to disconnect the speedo cable and then you can rotate the drive to a better position to work on. The factory spec lube is 90wt gear oil, but it is usually considered better to use a heavy moly (wheel bearing etc.) lube. Delorean Motor Center (Steger) sells a neat little grease gun for about $20 that will fit the hole on the drive without taking it off the car. This gun will only work with the heavier lube.

Original Article: http://www.egroups.com/group/dmcnews/?start=658

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/dmcnews