[DML] Re: consumer purchasing

Hmm interesting. I've heard about problems from Delorean One but never anything like that. I live about 15 minutes from Delorean One. I am considering purchasing a D and had planned on taking it there for service. Is there another recommend Delorean service shop in so california?

From: Iznodmad@xxxx
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] consumer purchasing
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 20:23:02 EDT

Dear DML,
Okay, I have heard all the horror stories about Delorean One and I never
actually understood what the hype was about until I called there myself
looking for a part. Ed answered the phone and I told him what I was looking
for. However after a bit of talking he refused to sell me a part after I
told him I had shopped around elsewhere. He told me he "Did not consider me
a customer of his and he would not sell his "other customers parts" to me who
was looking for the "cheap" way out." The American Government has never
allowed monopolies on anything consumer related. I thought competition was
what makes our economy thrive?! I just wanted to share my unhappiest
experience since owning my Delorean with the rest of you. For those of you
that do business with Ed, I commend you on your ability to communicate with
one of the most narrow-minded persons on the face of this planet. From now
on I hope to have more pleasant stories to share with you all. On a final
note, please support your FRIENDLY Delorean parts suppliers.

Regards,
Darren Decker

BrainPlay.com has 10,000 gift ideas for kids! And, for a
limited time, you'll receive FREE SHIPPING on every toy,
video game, software title, video, and more at BrainPlay.com!
http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/263

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/dmcnews

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/dmcnews