[DML] Re: Front Damaged DeLorean / THE VIN MYSTERY

[DML] Re: Front Damaged DeLorean / THE VIN MYSTERY

Hello Justin,

Just for the record - please post the VIN, interior color, and type of transmission of the wrecked DeLorean to the DML list. Many people (including myself) have the hobby of trying to re-create the lost factory production records. Or: Do these records exist somewhere??? Anyone???

Another question: Where has the production number "8583 DeLoreans" come from?

An old DeLorean World quote this number but has no reference. From my own records, there were certainly around 10,000 DeLoreans built if not more. Maybe the 8583 production number was the exact production number when DeLorean Motor Cars Ltd. went into receivership???

I've tracked DeLoreans, in both South Africa and Kuwait, that were sold as new import cars in 82. The Kuwait DeLoreans (some of them are now in Sweden) have VINs over 11500 up to around 11800... Of course these DeLoreans could be former KAPAC DeLoreans that was never titled then exported in late 82...

And - In Norway VIN 556 (5-speed manual & black interior) still exists! This is a pre-production car, since the guaranteed DeLoreans start at VIN 560. MAYBE this was a gift to one of the main suppliers (?). The Norwegian Company DYNO INDUSTRIES made the DeLorean fuel tank!!!

Regards,
Stian Birkeland
Norwegian DeLorean Club
NORWAY