[DML] Re: Some questions brought up by E!

[DML] Re: Some questions brought up by E!

As far as Bill Collins goes, he left DeLorean Motor Company sometime Circa
1980, prior to the completion of the 2nd generation prototype DeLorean (which
is the one closest to the final product) Basically, Collins signed on with
John Z right at the very start up of DMC in the mid 1970s. Collins had worked
together with DeLorean back at General Motors on several projects from the
Banshee and Firebird to the infamous Vega. John DeLorean had a friendship
with Bill Collins and had great respect for him as an engineer, thus when
DeLorean started his own company, he hired Collins away from GM and a
promising offer at AMC to become the Chief Engineer over at DMC. The first
prototypes of the DeLorean (with the sharper lines and tan interior) were all
created and engineered by Collins and his small team of workers. At this
time, DeLorean was still engineering the car independently. When John
DeLorean contracted Lotus to do most of the work, Collins felt somewhat
betrayed. The engineers at Lotus made fun of Collins and his work with the
first DMC for the stupidest reasons. Collins work was constantly being made
fun of and reworked by Lotus which really got to Collins. At this point he
finally broke and turned in his resignation to John DeLorean, who at that
time really didn't seem to care that much. All of this a year or so prior to
the introduction of the DeLorean DMC-12. Collins left DeLorean and started an
RV conversion company with another individual and some investors, however I'm
not sure if this company is still in business.

C.R. Brown left DeLorean at the very end of the company's odyssey, I believe
when they went bankrupt and were bought out by Consolidated. I THINK he went
on to a Vice Presidential job at Mazda or something, but Im not sure. Anyone
else know?

Justin

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/dmcnews