[DML] Re: Interesting Clutch Problem

Lee,
Concerning owners who say they have no problems with the plastic clutch
line, I present the following challenge.

Drive your "D" for at least one hour during a hot summer day; 95 degrees F
plus. Than enter a big city downtown traffic jam with stop & go traffic for
another hour. If at that point you can shift the car without gear clash or
not being able to shift gears at all, I would be very surprised.

The fact of the matter is that the plastic line will start to expand under
very high heat conditions and constant pedal action.

DMC Joe / DeLorean Services / <dmcjoe@xxxx>
Web Site: <http://www.deloreanservices.com>

----------
> From: Lee <lseiler@xxxx>
> To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [DML] Re: Interesting Clutch Problem
> Date: Monday, April 26, 1999 12:52 PM
>
> At 01:15 AM 4/26/99 -0400, you wrote:
> >Marc & Lee,
> >Shortly after the DeLorean hit the streets the infamous "plastic clutch
> >line" problems started popping up all over the country. In an effort to
> >correct the problem an adjustable clutch pedal link was manufactured and
> >supplied to dealers for replacement. (Service Bulletin No. ST-07-9/82).
The