[DML] Re: Upside-down DMC

Dear List,
The site where the pictures of the wreck were supposed to be
(http://www.angelfire.com/mi2/delorean/index2.html) was setup weird. I don't
know how they worked it, but when I clicked on the hyperlinked text, all I got
was a blank page. My brother advised me that if I typed in the word
"toolbar.html" over where "index2.html" was in the address that it would then
work, and it did. I then got to the photo gallery page where the pictures were
supposed to be, and they were not there. I asked the owner of that page to send
me a copy of the pix via e-mail, but when he sent them, they arrived in an
unreadable format. The specific error I got was "invalid header". I don't know
what this means, but I know that the picture would not open up.
I got tired of the wild goose chase, so I got on the East Lansing police
station site, and viewed the picture they had of the tragedy. They also included
a copyright notice on the picture, so you'll have to go to that site and check it
out for yourself. I hope my URL listing works! By the way, it's only worth
seeing if you feel like getting really upset over the wanton destruction of the
most fabulous car ever built. (reminiscent of the tragic scene at the end of BTTF
III)
Never-the-less, perhaps viewing it will encourage us all to further understand
the importance of a good safe parking place for our one-of-a-kind cars at all
times. It will have been a total loss only if we fail to learn nothing from it!
http://www.ci.east-lansing.mi.us/Riot/images/1413.jpg
-Josh
VIN 5102