[DML] Re: spec.'s

Michel,
DO NOT ADVANCE THE TIMING! The DeLorean ignition system is extremely stable
and will never drift. We have found most cars never need adjustments from
their factory settings. If the engine is running rough the problem will be
related to items other than timing unless someone has tampered with it. The
timing should be set to 13 degrees BTDC + or - 2 degrees. A rough running
cold engine is usually caused by a malfunction of the "warm up circuit" or
"fuel enrichment circuit".

Concerning the outer drive shaft to hub carrier torque the factory spec is
270 lb. ft.

DMC Joe / DeLorean Services / <dmcjoe@xxxx>
Web Site: <http://www.deloreanservices.com>

> From: Michel Poulin <mpoulin@xxxx>
> To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [DML] spec.s
> Date: Friday, April 23, 1999 8:58 PM
>
> My friend and I are going to be doing a little work tomorrow on the D.
One