[DML] BLUE "D"

Donnie,

I thought I was the only one crazy enough to buy a blue "D". Mine was on
consignment through a local dealer. Manual trans, grey interior 1982 with
8,122 miles on it. The dealer was asking $8,500. This car was painted by a
dealer when the original owner bought it. Even the rims have a blue tint to
it, but the car ran and the interior was in great shape. I found every little
thing wrong with the car I could and told the dealer about it. I then made my
offer of $6,500. He looked at me and said no way. So I gave him my phone#and
walked out. About a month and half later he called and said OK. I stole this
car. It's now in Atlanta at DMCJOE's having some work done to it. I was very
fortunate the dealer didn't know much about Deloreans or how to market the
car. The owner that had the car on conisgnment there was a doctor and didn't
really care how much it sold for. I bought this car cheaper than it cost to
get my stainless "D" restored. So yes, you should be able to buy this car
cheaper than a stainless steel one. Hope this helps.
Kirk
Vin#02378-10246

eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/dmcnews