Re: [DML] DeLorean Car Show Pheasant Run update

Re: [DML] DeLorean Car Show Pheasant Run update

The Nork did play some of the BTTF songs
They opened with one

The idea of the BTTF connection was a risk at PF that paid off
We were not too heavy on BTTF during the normal part of the show but what I
did not expect was that Bob, Claudia and Jeff really got into the raffle and
THEY were the ones to come up with the auction.
I have to admit I was beat and ready to fall over but I watched the audience
reaction to them during the auction and raffle and most people were quite
entertained by them.

Very few people left as compared to some of the other raffles.
There are the raffle die hards and the raffle haters but at this show most
people stayed.
We will split it up next time to keep it down rime wise and as you noticed at
PF we did well enough financially that we did not have a raffle or any other
fund raiser Thursday or Friday.

I have the BTTF People to thank for that.

The negative part is that it costs a lot of money to bring in any of the cast
members.
But they are doing our show for much less than they do other shows.
Bob and Claudia plan to be back they had a blast Jeff want to come back as
well as he was great as Charlie Chaplin I think next time he may be dressed as
one of the three stooges.

Getting back to the original question lets ask the group if they want more
BTTF music.
Right now the budget it very tight for entertainment.

I want to have George Crane back and Jim Prentis both are in England
There are two other people I am trying to get as well (TBA later)
and there are two other BTTF cast members we are looking at depending on
their work schedules.

The next show however will feature more DeLorean technical sessions with a
possible hands on type session.  I have two people that are going to talk about
their custom cars and how they did what they did. And I do want the vendors to
talk about new products they have in addition to some tech help.

Whatever you do however
don't sit all day at these seminars go and look around
I have encouraged that since day 1

To the person that said " I was stuck there for 6 hours Saturday night"
I certainly did not nail you to the seat.  Get up and move if something is
not for you
There is plenty to do.

I think I have rambled on enough and I am glad to see us get back to DeLorean
or Show related topics

PS This year at the Calvacade of Customs ISCA car show I was asked to be the
photo car
The Texas Bikini Team is renting the car for as their photo car for the show.

Wonder if the Delorean can blush

thanks

Ken