Re: [DML] Re: front coil spring removal

Not exactly.  The problem with spring compressors and cars like the
DeLorean is space.  It is difficult to get the compressors evenly spaced
so the spring compresses evenly.  The straps do a much better job of
working in a confined space - and they don't slip down the coil or twist.

You do not need a spring compressor to release the spring once it is
out of the car.  The straps can be removed by loosening each strap a
little bit in turn.

It is true that you still need a compressor to put a new spring into the
car.  Because of the space issue, I compress the spring and then
put on the straps before putting the spring into the car.  This way
you can put the compressor on the top and bottom coil, which gives
you much more compression than having to leave room between coils
for the compressor jaws.  And the straps are cheap - you can get
enough for all 4 springs for about $25 at most any hardware store
and you have a dozen tie-down straps when you are done.

--
Mike

-------------- Original message from "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>: --------------