From: David Teitelbaum [mailto:jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, January 01, 2005 1:34 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [DML] front coil spring removal

This is fine. There is no need to undo the ball joints unless they are worn
or the seals are damaged. Undoing the ball joints carries a large risk of
damage to them and you WILL have to replace the seal when you use the pickle
fork. Use a good quality internal spring compressor.
You are dealing with some large forces and an accident can happen very
quickly if you cheap out and the spring compressor fails. When installing
the spring compressor you must take into account the compression of the
spring already so make sure you have enough room on it to release ALL the
spring pressure.
David Teitelbaum