[DML] Re: Door rod adjustment?

Generally there is not any one particular rod out of adjustment. I
usually see where you have to tweak everything. When everything is
only slightly off it all seems to add up and cause problems. The
"best" plan-of-attack is to just go over ALL of the adjustments
including the anchor pins. Anyway, when you start adjusting things
some adjustments affect others so you really need to do them all and
in the order in the Workshop Manual. Do all the internal door
adjustments and then do the anchor pins. Take your time and try to
really get it *right*. You will see a big difference between a door
that closes when you slam it and one that closes correctly. If you do
it right you should not be able to lock it unless it is fully closed
on both locks in the 2nd locking position. You also won't be banging
on the anchor pins when you close the door, they should glide right
into the middle of the lock without hitting the guides or the door, or
the ends of the pins. It takes a lot of trial-and-error to get it
right (at least for the first time). Be careful inside the door on all
the exposed, sharp edges.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "William Bladorn" <at88mph@xxxx> wrote:

> I've been having a slight problem out of my passenger side door.
Sometimes