From: Marc Levy [mailto:malevy_nj@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, December 28, 2004 1:10 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Respect and Courtesy.

[MODERATOR NOTE:  This message pushes the edge of two rules, name calling
and hearsay, but in my opinion it does not cross the line.  Please be
polite, act like gentlemen and ladies, and do not quote non-DML messages on
the DML.  - moderator Mike Substelny]

> Moderator Mike, I don't see any name calling. Marc is just asking a
> question and I'll be glad to give him an answer.

Ah, but your response DOES include name calling.

> Well Marc, since most of my posts occured after your "Sonny" sleuthing
> you'd think any intelligent person would realize you could do the same
> to anyone else. That would make me pretty dumb wouldn't it? Unless I
> was hoping you'd stumble upon it. Now there is a crafty idea. I could
> have changed my IP at anytime to avoid your little game. What is it in
> this post? See the point? Perhaps it has something to do with you
> playing Marc Levy, Internet Commando and Keeper Of The Faith. Why
> don't you ask Sonny?

I think your statement above indicates that YOU are the one playing the
game.  Is this a Courtesy and Respectful use of the DML?

FWIW, when I read posts from "endotex23" I never even noticed that it was
not from "jetjock11".  Based on the posts alone, I assumed they came from
JetJock!  It was someone else who brought this to my attention.  I don't
know why that person did not "take credit" for it.

> So what is your point? I don't see the tone of my posts as being bad.

Then you need some 3rd party perspective.  Your posts as both endotex23 and
jetjock11 are always condescending.  If you want to offer good advice, go
ahead.  But are you doing it for our benefit or yours?
Talk about ego problems.. LOL!

> Is what I post wrong? Is it delivered in a disrespectful or
> discourteous manner? Aren't I the one who suggested we all be nice?

You are disrespectful.  Even this post is disrespectful.  Don't you remember
a similar discussion on the DMC Forum about the tone of the
jetjock11 e-mails?

> Regardless of who I am why do you feel I'm using a false alias? Maybe
> this checksix fellow was false, it's not uncommon for people to hide
> their identity on the internet. Look at Sonny for example. If Sonny
> didn't matter why should I? He had a hidden agenda to sell products.

Sonny's agenda may have been more obvious than yours..
but that does not mean you don't have one.

> What do you suppose my agenda is? To learn morals from you? I don't
> sell anything Marc, I give it away free. I also respond to ID

Feed your own ego?  Make yourself feel better by putting others down?  I am
sure a psychiatrist would be better suited to try and explain your
motivation here.

> challenges. Maybe not the way you'd like so as to bolster your ego but

My ego?  I don't think so..  Again, I can't take credit for discovering that
endotex23 and jetjock11 use the same IP address, nor can I take credit for
noticing that a post which came from SonnyV was signed James Espey.  Maybe
because I am so controversial on this list, I become a magnet for people to
inform me of these things with hopes that I take it public.
Which I did, after verifying the facts.

> I respond nevertheless. For example why didn't you ask about this by
> email? I think we all know the answer to that question.

Respond, sure.. But just with personal attacks on me.
You did not answer my question. In your entire message you neither confirm
nor deny if endotex23 and
jetjock11 are the same person or not.

> Would you feel better if I left and returned under another name? It
> would take me five seconds to do so (and with a different IP) but I'd
> still be the same guy, whoever you think I am. I also apologize if I
> don't live up to your standards of respect and courtesy. (People who

How about your real name?  What are you hiding from?

> live in glass houses and all that. Of the posts I've

Have I been guilty of using multiple names on this (or
any) list?  Have I found fault with anything anyone has done that I have
done myself?  I don't think so.

> seen you strike
> me as less than a Carnegie graduate). I thought I

Is this supposed to be an insult?  Because it is a form of name calling..
Amazing how the moderators allowed your post.

I guess one would have to be a graduate or a fancy school to keep track of
which name to use with which alias.  How do you know when to sign a post
with "Greg" or "Gary"?

> was doing OK but
> I'll try to do better in the future. Until then take some advice: You
> can't expect others to live up to your own moral standards or you'll
> be sorely disappointed. Accept that as the way it is

No moral standards.. Just looking for "Respect and Courtesy" among the
members of the list.

> and spare me your
> lectures because you'll only be wasting your breath.

You first!

> Try offering
> something useful to the group instead, assuming you can.

I may not offer too much technical advice because there are other members of
the list more qualified to do so.  I have no problem accepting that others
may know more than me on a great number of topics, however I don't suspect
you would ever do that.

More importantly, I never claim I am something which I am not..  But I have
lost count of the number of cars (DeLorean, and otherwise) that have found
their way to my garage for me to help out someone in need.

Speaking up for fraud and injustice is very useful.
I'd like to the the masses appreciate it, because otherwise I am sure I
would have heard about it by now.  Although I appreciate all of the private
support, I do wish my supporters would be more vocal in public.

> Greg

Marc <- wow!  My REAL name, What a concept.

> By the way, are you the guy sending me hate mail?
> Stop.

Nope.  Can't say I have ever sent anyone "hate mail".
But, nothing is anonymous on the Internet.  Your a smart guy, track it down!