if the key is in "run" but the engine is off. (The idle regulator
will though) Either the wiring was modified by a PO or perhaps your
RPM relay is sticking. I wonder if your fuel pump is running too?

#3 injector: If ONLY the #3 injector keeps spraying after releasing
the air-flow plate, you may have a gummed up injector. If all
injectors keep spraying, the metering piston in the fuel distributor
may be gummed up and doesn't move freely.

Fuel pressure: When the fuel system is pressurized, yes you should
feel resistance when pressing on the air-flow plate. When the system
is vented, the air-flow plate should be very free..almost bouncing
when it pops back up. That's what the Control Pressure Regulator is
partly for; it pushes down from the top of the metering plunger in
the fuel distributor.

Don't think I'm nagging, but you've got to read the workshop manual.
I studied the fuel section for 6 months until I totally understood
the flow-diagrams and could draw the entire system (color-coded)from
memory and I still certainly wouldn't call myself an expert.

Hope this help. Happy Holidays,

Rich A.