[DML] Re: What's with the glug glug noise?

[DML] Re: What's with the glug glug noise?

If you have a modified (no longer stock exhaust set-up) you will
either have to learn to live with the noise or you will need some type
of further modifacation to reduce or eliminate it. To locate an
exhaust leak you look at the manifolds for black soot which would
indicate a leak, feel for hot exhaust gases, loose or missing hardware
or pieces of gasket missing. A ticking noise is also a symptom. Since
the car is over 20 years old the safest bet is just to figure the
gaskets are shot and remove everything and replace the gaskets. You
might want to consider replacing all the hardware with better stuff
while you have it apart. P J Grady sells a hardware kit of new
stainless studs and nuts with a much improved gasket. You may need to
have the manifolds milled flat before you can reassemble. They should
be checked with a straightedge. If they are warped they should be
milled or you will blow out the new gaskets.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757