[DML] My Transmission and the response

I got a friendly call from Stephen Wynne yesterday,
he had noticed my complaints about my transmission and felt that
he should call me to alert me that he definatly feels that
my main issue is the shifting computer.
Most would agree.
He also suggested that I should dump the pan, clean it out
and change the filter, gaskets and etc.
He was very helpful.
I thought it was a cool thing for him to do to take
the time to call me and talk about it.
Now, I know what a few of your will say....
... some of you will say that he was just trying to secure a sale.
Well your right, I think he was - and did.
I was not offended in the least that he called me about this issue.
I have heard some great advice from some helpful people here
but rarely does anyone ever actually pick up the phone
and REALLY do some talking.
I have offered some free phone advice for new comers who call
me from around the country, and have had some great long talks
with many of you here.

I also wanted to touch on a subject that Stephen wanted to
defend himself on.
I have said that many vendors will only sell parts to favorite
customers, including DMCH.
When I needed a Left-Front-Fender I was let down by a lot of the
vendors. There were a few who had som reasonable deals
and a few others who told me that "unless I buy all of my parts
from them they would not sell to me individually".
When I asked DMCH for the fender I was told that they
didn't have any, or least not one that they were going to spare.
One of the workers said that they were for "preferred customers".
Stephen wanted to give his side of the story.
He says that they will only sell a fender if they can verify
that it is actually going on a damaged car, and that the fender
is absolutely non-repairable, and that they are doing the work
them selves. They do this to preserve what parts they have and
prevent people from hording and gouging prices.
This reply sounds reasonable enough to me, so I accept it.

I am in no way schilling for DMCH, however I will say that I
have bought a lot of stuff from them without a problem.
I also have bought from Don, Rob and John.
I have spent around $10,000 or so collectivly with all of
these vendors in the last year on parts and accesories for my
DeLorean, so I feel I have gotten to know them all.

In the end, it is healthy competition thst keeps all the
prices low and the quality high.

I just thought I would share this with all of you
in the hopes that we all understand our peers and vendors.

- Videobob
VIJN#5278