[DML] Re: Going keyless (push-button start)

[DML] Re: Going keyless (push-button start)

Ryan,
     That wasn't me, but I did something similar.  I hit the car show
circuit pretty hard out here in Arizona and am always looking for
ways to trick things out or just show-off....:)  What I did was
purchase an aftermarket Honda S2000 start button from ebay.  It comes
with three tops: clear, red, and aqua/teal.  It also comes with its
own wiring harness and relay.  I chose to route it through the
ignition switch wiring so that when the car was off there would be no
possibility of cranking the starter.
     I removed my cigar lighter plug/outlet and set it in there.
I've got other 12V outlets around the car so I wasn't worried about
losing it.  Right next to it I put a guarded toggle switch.  I routed
the power through the guarded toggle so that the starter button would
only crank the starter when the guarded toggle was armed.  That way
some schmoe wouldn't hit the button saying, "What's this?" and either
start my car, make it lurch, or grind the starter if the car was
already running.

Hope this helps.  Please feel free to contact me off the list with
any questions.

Matthew
AZ-D VeeP
VIN 16816