[DML] Finally, I got my DeLorean home! + tech info

[DML] Finally, I got my DeLorean home! + tech info

Hello all!

I wanted to let everyone know that I moved to Poland and I finally got my
DeLorean here with me. It's in my garage right now :). The shipping company
I used was Schumacher found at http://www.schumachercargo.com/. I'm very
satisfied with their services. The car went in a container and was shipped
to my country for less than some roll on-roll off ferries wanted. They
called me a few days before the car arrived and I was there when they opened
the container... and I actually drove my car out of the container :). The
car arrived without a scratch on it and they allow the car to full of
personal stuff - everything was there when I got the car. I paid $1200 for
shipping from Miami, FL to Poland. And believe me it was a very good price
compared to other shippers.
I can recommend them for shipping a car overseas. Just remember not to take
their estimate seriously. You CAN bargain with them and they will drop the
price by about $200 - $300 (or more if you're good) from their estimate.

Now for the tech stuff.
I just had my car inspected for the registration and it passed with flying
colors. This is mostly to those who "can't lock the brakes or can't pass
emissions".
The weight of the car with me in it and about 1/4 tank was 1220 kg - 2689
lbs. The car alone would weigh about 1130kg - 2491 lbs (with 1/4 tank of
gas). That includes all the accessories like jack, tools and spare tire.
The brakes were checked and received an "A+" grade.
No brakes: the force was (free wheel) 110N for the front and 150N for the
rear wheels. (I have no idea what you guys in the US use for force so I will
just leave it in Newton)
Brakes applied: front 1,590,000 N - left to right difference 0%
rear: 2,610,000 N - left to right difference 3%
parking brake: 1,590,000 N
To sum up, rear brakes peaked off the scale (the scale was 0 to 3 and the
computer noted 2.610 as the last believable reading). Parking brake was as
strong as the front brakes!!!!! The guy that was doing the test just said -
Now, that is amazing... you've got SOME brakes there!
Emissions: The test was done at idle - reading for 10 minutes of idling with
accessories off

HC (ppm)
MAX - 100
READ 4

CO (%)
MAX 0.50
READ 0.00

Another thing was the headlights which I had to replace. I didn't mind
because those sealed beams are like small candles :). I installed a set of 4
brand new Hella E-coded headlights with H4 for the outboard and H1 for the
inboard bulbs. All were premium OSRAM with 30% more light. And let me tell
you - I can finally see where I'm going at night!

Tom Niemczewski
jamesik@xxxxx
VIN 6149 (in POLAND!)