[DML] New DeLorean story.

I had to leave for work at noon today, to attend a meeting. As I go
out to my car, there are a couple of mortuary vans, and the local
coroner parked near my car. Turns out a neighbor in another apartment
died, and they were removing the body (don't send condolences, I've no
idea who it was under the sheet).

As the two workers were rolling the stretcher to the van nearest my
car, I kept seeing them gawk at my car, while I had the door open. I
said "Hi" to both of them, as they were opening up the van (I also
discovered that you will get the most uncomfortable looks when ask
someone how their day is going, if they happen to be moving a dead
body). As he opened the side door on the van, he asked me if that was
my car. I said yes, and asked them if they wanted to take a look at
it, and got an estatic "Hey, yeah!" from the both of them. The first
guy got the first part of the stretcher into the van, and then ran
over to my car, leaving the other one there to push the gurney by
himself. Keep in mind, this is on an incline. The second guy was
gentle, but certainly hurried up the loading of the body into the van,
so that he too could come over and take a look. And all while
rubber-necking!

The Coroner then came out, and said, "Hey, look!", and was pointing at
my car, while she spoke to her asistant. In their hurry, they left the
van door open. So it was quite an odd experience of giving a tour of
my car to people, while several sheet covered corpses were visible,
only a few feet away.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"