[DML] Re: Tire Replacement / SIZES

When you do not use the tire size listed on the tire label in the car
you are completely "on your own". The car was designed to use a
particular type and size tire. When you change it you can have
clearance problems, the speedometer may no longer be accurate, ride
and handling may be adversly affected. On more modern cars you will
upset the traction control and ABS systems. The Delorean isn't that
picky but it may not handle the way you would expect under extreme
conditions such as a panic stop. The only reason I can think of that
someone would not put the correct tire on the car is because they went
somewhere and the correct size was not in stock. As hard as it may be
to take a perfectly good set of tires off, in the intersts of safety
you should consider it.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

-- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Bruce Benson" <delornut@xxxx> wrote:

> Larger diameters tires have the same effect as a higher ratio final
drive.
> Since the DeLorean's final drive is already pretty tall you would have
> better acceleration with 245/50 series tires. A 245/50 series tire will
> rotate 847 rpm's at 50 MPH. A 245/60 series rotates 786 rpm's at 50
MPH. The