Re: [DML] a humble opinion

Well, the way I counter that is the fact that you may
pay only 15k-25k, but you're going to put almost
another 10k-15k into the car to make it absolutely
picture perfect.  People today want a car that is
absolutely pristine - no flaws or inferior pieces to
note by eye or ear.  To get the DeLorean to that
plateau, you're going to put ALOT into a DeLorean to
get it "perfect".  I can buy a 85 Mustang that'll run
for $5k, that's not disappointing - that's expected.
So it's an exotic, that's only categorial.  You can
get a 1980 Ferrari GTS for $30k - it's an exotic about
the same age as a DeLorean.  Heck, even a Lambo
Countach (sp?) is around $75k, no disappointments
here.  If you want to get your DeLorean absolutely in
every single way imaginable, you will put in as much
as a new Lincoln or Mercedes SUV.  Carpets, glass,
exterior bodywork, headliners, wiring, console work,
dash work, doors, engine work - easily as much as a
new SUV.

http://celebrity.mail.yahoo.com