Re: [DML] An oil question On Turbos

David,
     In Arizona I run Mobil 1 Synthetic 15W50 in my twin turbo.  I've
put over 10,000 miles on it out here.  I am the third owner of this
car as far as any records say.  To date I've never had to add any oil.
 I change the oil every 5,000 miles due to the extreme summer heat and
increased operating temperatures.  So far the oil has looked as clean
cokming out as it was going in.  I never find sludge or particles of
any kind.
     I haven't had any turbo problems.  No leaks, no apparant oil
usage, and the only overheating incident was linked to the cooling fan
circuit breaker.  Since having Jim Reeve fix that (It's a great 10
cent upgrade if you are interested.  I've shared the details with Rob
as well), it will idle at 200-220 degrees in 115+ degree heat with the
A/C on.  I rarely see 220 in the summer, it usually hovers around
210-211, but traffic brings out the worst in cars.
     To sum it all up: my car is a champ out here in the desert.  I've
come to learn that's what you get when you have Rob Grady go over it
and prep it for you....:)

Matthew
AZ-D VeeP
VIN 16816