[DML] Re: Dashboard/sunlight damage

I have had several people e-mail me for the specfic products I used to
repair the binnacle. So I don't have to reply to each I am putting the
info up here again:
The epoxy is   3M Automix # 5895 Plastic Repair and the vinyl dye is
   Plastikote #408 Charcoal Grey
I got the epoxy in an auto body supply shop and the vinyl dye in Pep
Boys. Wipe down with alcohol before spraying (not the drinking kind
either). The "secret" to the vinyl dye is to apply it VERY dry. The
way to do it is to hold it 24-30 inches away so it can dry BEFORE it
goes on the binnacle. This will give it a rough, grainy look. Not
exactly like the origional grain but not shiny smooth either. BTW the
epoxy is expensive. I paid $30 for a small kit.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757