[DML] Re: Spare Tire..

As the owner of the incapacitated D, I am very grateful to Marc for
not leaving me stranded somewhere along the Garden State Parkway :)

I hit a few nasty potholes on my way to the Long Beach Island
Christmas parade.  My tires were probably not in the best of
condition, but this was more than they could handle.  Driving along,
late as usual, all I could think about was missing the event when I
heard a popping sound and saw billowing clouds of smoke coming off
the front passenger side.  I freaked out, hit the hazard lights, and
dropped from 70 to 20.  Thank God no one was right behind me.  I
pulled over to the shoulder.  Frantic, I called Marc and screamed
something about the car being on fire into the phone.  I got out and
saw that the whole tire had burst.  Afraid of being hit in the car,
I sat outside in the freezing cold until a nice state trooper pulled
over and called for a tow truck.  The only fun part was having a
state trooper use his loudspeaker to say "Miss Delauren, please get
out of your car."

Marc was nice enough to backtrack to come get me, possibly missing
the parade himself.  He jacked up my car and let me borrow his
spare.  He used his powers of charm and persuasion to get me to the
head of the line at Sears to get two new tires.  All this, and we
still made it to the event.

This has taught me a few things, which I will share with you:
1.  Leave ample time to find anything in New Jersey.  Chances of
getting lost are high.
2.  Potholes are not your friends.  Avoid them.
3.  It is not enough to have a spare tire in your trunk.  It also
must be inflated and air tight.
4.  The jack that came with the car works just fine.  But, only if
you have all of it.  I had just a handle and Marc had the rest.
5.  Join AAA.
6.  Know what kind of tires your Delorean has.  And that they may be
hard to find.
7.  Parades can be short one Delorean and still be fun.
8.  Even if you are driving 20 miles per hour with your hazards on
and wildly signalling out the window, no one will make an effort to
pass you.  They will honk and curse instead.
9.  It is just a car.
10.  Get to know people in your local Delorean club.  You never know
when you might need them or be able to help someone yourself.

Miss Delauren