[DML] Re: Cleaning the underbody

I use engine brite foaming engine cleaner, it gently gets ANY dirt
and debris off. Regular doesn't work anywhere near as well. And
while it is still foamy, I use a SOFT wheel brush, "a large meguiars
one" to gently scrub the epoxy in all the nooks and crannies. Then I
rinse it with regular hose pressure. I use that procedure for all
underbody components. Then while it is still up in the air I place a
fan under the car to air dry it. Then any other remnants of dirt can
be swabbed up or polished off with paper towels, small rags & q-
tips. If your gonna do it, do it all the way. It takes several hours
to do it perfect, and you'll get very dirty as the substance is
hosed off (even when it is clean, the engine brite cleans it more)
but after it is all done, the car will be immaculate underneath.

I'm a little OCD when it comes to vehicle cleanliness, but of all
the methods, especially with the epoxy, this so far appears the best
method.

Just my $0.02 I use the engine brite mainly because it is faster
then individually soaking every component seperatley. Figure using 3
cans minimum to do the whole underbody to complete cleanliness. 4
wouldn't hurt.

Do it before it gets any colder out though, or you might freeze
under there.

Joe OBrien

2524,
16634,