Re: [DML] An oil question (was) Re: oil discussion

Re: [DML] An oil question (was) Re: oil discussion

The simplest way to explain it is: Think of the W
rating in oil as "winter". How the oil flows at zero,
or sub-zero temperatures. As the oil is tested it's
assigned a "value" by the petoleum product
manufacturer's association. Generally the lower the
first W value, the faster it flows in cold temp.s But
realistically zero weight oil, is an EXTREMELY light
grade of oil, and won't survive long in use. It's
properties degrade quickly,

http://mail.yahoo.com