Re: [DML] Re: DeLo's In Year 'Round Use

> Yes it's true, I do drive like a mad man, but that was not the case when I
> was only
> going 30 MPH, and slid about 50 feet into the back of a BMW with zero
> control of the
> car in heavy rain.
> Bottom line, leave the car at home in the rain and take the OTHER car.

No offence meant, but I think I'm gonna go with "learn to drive properly in the rain, since it'll come in handy in other situations, too."

At 30mi/hr, a 3-second following distance (the minimum sane distance in wet weather) equates to 132 feet, giving plenty of room to stop, even if you do slide.  A fifty-foot following distance might have qualified for "mad mad" status after all.  :-)

Regards,
Owen

VIN 10470 "1 21 GW"