[DML] Re: just stuff

Can't let disparaging comment Re: AMC 360 go unchallenged (especially
amidst so much wailing and gnashing of teeth on the List Re: PRV)...

1974 low compression (8.5:1) trim in a Javelin:
285 net HP @ 4800 RPM
390 max ft lbs torque @ 3200 RPM)
0-60 mph: 7.8 seconds (3800 lbs curb weight)
1/4 mile: 14.8 seconds @ 95 mph

Very respectable numbers IMHO...

1974 was the only year for AMC power in the Bricklin (you do realize
that Bricklin predates DeLo, and thus could hardly be considered a
"copy").

Bricklin utilized Ford's ancient FMX transmission in lieu of better
contemporary C series. Replacement Windsor engine was also on its way
out in lieu of Cleveland series. Ford apparently sold Bricklin
whatever it no longer needed for its own purposes.

A little bit of AMC trivia for you: external dimensions of all 2nd
generation AMC V8's are identical. You could effortlessly drop a 390
or 401 into your Bricklin.

A little bit of Bricklin trivia for you: differential and drive axles
are AMC, even after production converted to Windsor 351.

Bill Robertson