Re: [DML] just stuff

S (or do you have a real name?),

If you are using a 5W-30 in a DeLorean, you're nuts!  The original factory publications were asking for 20W-50!  For what it's worth, none of these special products are necessary in a DeLorean.  If you service the car regularly, normal maintenance works just fine.

Also, the Bricklin (while I agree is not by any means a spectacular machine) is *not* a kit car.  -And Bricklin couldn't have copied DeLorean considering it was built 7 years earlier, and 3 years before the 1977 DeLorean prototype.  The AMC engines (if I remember correctly) were only in the 1974 Bricklins, while the majority of the cars used rather reliable Ford 351 Cleveland engines.  I'll let a better Bricklin expert chime in if I got that wrong.....

Jake in 1063

nitrousgarageworks <nitrousgarageworks@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<snip>

 I opted for
the 5W30 grade, as I found an article in a hotrod magazine, about
that grade yielding the best increase in horse power. Not alot, but
HP is HP baby!
I did a little research on the Brickin car too; What a piece of
crap! A kit car, with a look that tries to copy the DMC cheaply. Plus
it's AMC powered, and that says enough bad right there. Not even a
contender for further investigation on my part to be sure.
I also found another nifty product that works: RedLine Racing
Products makes a product called Water-Wetter, which reduces the drag
coefficient on radiator coolant, and allows it to flow faster, pick
up and disperse heat faster. It's about 10 a bottle, and the
immediate effect I can witness to is: It drops the car's radiator
temp. by about 20 degrees. And we all know that heat is a car's worst
enemy, and cause of most wear.
Well time for me to shut up, and sit back. That's all I have to
add, hope you fins some of it helpful.