[DML] Universal Orlando BTTF DeLorean/Ride/Merchandise

[DML] Universal Orlando BTTF DeLorean/Ride/Merchandise

I too viewed the Delorean 'up on posts' at Universal Orlando mid November.
Very sad.  Although it's a mock-up, strictly for park viewing, I SO
badly wanted to just squirt a little Armour-All on it from across the
barriers.  Just doing that ALONE would have improved the cosmetics
greatly.  The tires and all the non metal parts are so faded and ashen
colored.
Since time machine components have been stolen/replaced/stolen/etc.,
time and time again, I personally don't believe it is in need of
DeLorean parts so much, as just some TLC.  It no longer is mobile, so it
definitely doesn't need any function-parts from our beloved DMC dealers
(so that aspect of sponsorship is a sort of dead end street in my opinion.)
As for the Orlando BTTF gift shop, there is still some DeLorean stuff,
including a nice jacket pin of a DeLorean with doors up and an OUTATIME
plate on the front.  Interestingly, the car depicted is a STANDARD
DeLorean!!!  No time machine gadgets or gizmos, so I grabbed a couple.
(Upon closer inspection, I did detect a small ridge on the pin in the
rear area of the car that might represent the 'nuclear cooling vents',
but it's subtle.)  Otherwise, it's Time-Travel free.  I would think many
D owners would like to grab one of these. Just a head's up on that.

What wasn't mentioned about the 'new' merchandise, besides the racing
stuff. . .
Monster Garage merchandise!  Oh NOOOO!!!  Believe it or not. -Maybe
Jesse James is to blame for the horrid appearance of the displayed
DeLorean! ;)

And finally, the neat fiberglass cast Delorean inside the shop, mounted
above, crashing through the wall, has been poached also.
The front flux dispersal coils and side mounted junction boxes are
completely missing.  Also some lenses for the front lights are gone I
believe.  Very disappointing.

As for the 'Future' of the ride, I attended a private lights-on tour of
the new Mummy ride and spoke to a 'suit' who was hosting.  I can't
remember his name, but he definitely 'RANKED' and was something like
Vice President of Creative Development and Design somethinernother. . .
I asked him what he could tell me about the Back to the Future Ride, and
he seemed a little casually defensive.  He answered my question with his
own 'What about the Back to the Future Ride?' and I asked about it's
life expectancy.  He said it was 'still a strong property', but didn't
get specific.  (They are very guarded with their info, as most
attraction projects take years of development and they can't afford to
be 'scooped' by any competing theme park.)

So that's the latest I have to share.
Oliver Holler
vin#10694