Re: [DML] ATTN: Video Bob -- 280 Z vs DeLo

Re: [DML] ATTN: Video Bob -- 280 Z vs DeLo

Yes, the DeLorean was a little faster when compared to other cars, like a
$6000 Pacer maybe.
Actually, the AMC Pacer had a V8 option in those years and would have beaten
it too....
Sorry.
Let's see, what car could the DeLorean beat back then?
Hmmm...
It would have to be a large sedan that cost about 1/4 of the DeLorean,
or maybe a small car like the first Honda Civic's.
Maybe a moped?

The point is that the DeLorean was not a good value for the price.
It was almost as expensive as a real performance car, twice as ex-pensive
and just about anything on the street.
It didn't have more performance that any other sports car,
and it didn't have more luxury that any other sedan or coupe.
Basically, people paid an extra $15,000 for a car made of stainless steel
with
gullwing doors.
My point was that this car's popularity is from it's unique looks, it's
novelty and it's media legacy.

When people look back at the Camero, the GTO, the Firebird, the HEMI then
think of
powerfull cars that changed the era.

The original question was:
"Why don't they remake a DeLorean like they do the other muscle cars".

Boy, do I wish that the car had stayed in production another year or two.
Because I would definatly have one of the Legend twin turbo cars myself
and this conversation would be moot.

The car has all the beginings of a super car, the looks, the handling and
the comfort...
it was just missing the engine.
Bummer.
- VB