Re: [DML] Video Bob

Being a young owner I want to chim in here. First off anyone who ever meets me, or knows me at all, even by face will all tell you the same. Darryl hates to be in social places, dosen't like to be bothered and really won't say two words unless you approch him. He likes his privacy and will be talkative after he gets to know you first. So did I buy the DMC-12 for the fact that I'm a 20yr old kid who wants to pick up girls and cruise and say look what I got! No in fact even saying that would just be an insult. Also the BTTF thing... Ah I'm so tired of this, you only bought the car beacuse it was in BTTF. No, to be honest I'm a movie buff, I can quote lines from movies be it BTTF or American Beauty (best movie of all time) And really more then say 80% of my friends couldn't tell you on thing about BTTF other then Mikeal J. Fox was in it and went back in time.

What kinda of car was it... well DeLorean is never mentioned. When they first saw my car... they really didn't believe it was the same car. I don't know why, but pretty much they don't. My friends who are into movies know where they saw it first. But we are all in our 20s or younger, so we can't really remember seeing the orginal DeLorean ad or anything about it at all. Maybe some bought it for the fact that it was in BTTF or for attention. But and this is going to sound lame, but I love art also. The DeLorean is like a controversal painting, and something, your not to shure what is, but something just draws you into it. Thats why I bought the car, its just beacuse there is just something really neat about it. I love the car thats why I did it, and the only reason why. BTTF is just a giant DeLorean comercial for me, if they used a Mustange, I still honestly would want a DMC-12. Before I bought it I was going to find a 60's GTO, but the DeLorean was there and it just struck me.

As for the car making a come back.... I personally don't believe it will ever come back as it was. I mean the orginal seems to be making a large comeback, as many other vintage cars. But to see a "new" mass produced DeLorean, I don't see that happening, I really want to be proven wrong and would be right out there trying to own a new one, but I don't see it ever coming. As for racing, that is a neat idea to have the car compete. But put it up to new cars, Lotus, Aston Martin, Corvettes.... you would have to build a whole new car and just label it DeLorean... I don't know just don't see it ever happening.

And I'll admit I'm a movie buff, but I never wanted to buy a Lotus or Aston Martin beacause of 007, or the 1989 Batmobile, or the General Lee, or KITT, or the Ecto-1, or Lester Burnham's Red Firebird from America Beauty. I never bought the DeLorean beacuse of BTTF.