[DML] Re: Fuel Filter question

Why do you "need" to change your fuel filter? In any case to do it
obviously you have to get a replacement first. You have to lift the
car and it is a little easier if you remove the left rear wheel but it
isn't required. You will need some metric wrenches, shop towels, and a
small container. Wear eye protection. Do it about 15-30 min after
running the motor so the pressure will have dropped. You will get fuel
out no matter what the level in the tank, that is just what is in the
lines and filter itself. It will stop quickly but you should catch as
much as you can in a cup. Be careful not to bend or kink the "hard"
line that goes to the filter from the front. If you do you will have
to lift the body to replace it. You should use new copper sealing
rings and make sure that there are NO LEAKS when you are done. Run the
motor for a little while as you watch the connections. Take the filter
out with the bracket and switch the bracket onto the new filter, it is
easier that way.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "secret_jedi_guy"