[DML] DeLorean Mid Atlantic Holiday Event

[DML] DeLorean Mid Atlantic Holiday Event

DeLorean Mid Atlantic Holiday Event

  DeLorean Mid Atlantic is going to be having an informal holiday get together.
The plan is to try to get as many DeLoreans as we can together to attend a
Holiday Parade that is going to be held in Ship Bottom, N.J., which is located
on Long Beach Island.  The parade is going to be televised locally as well.  The
parade will take place on Saturday December 4th.  The parade starts at 1pm but
lineup begins at 11am.  It is better to get to the lineup as early as possible
as the parade is usually large in size.  The plan will be for us to meet up
starting at 10:00 am on December 4th.  We will leave the meeting place sharply
at 11:15 am and proceed to the line up area.  Have your Family Band radios on
Channel 12. After the parade we will go to a nearby restaurant for an informal
late lunch.  This will be a one day event basically.  However for those
interested in coming in Friday there is lodging info below for a motel that is
only two blocks away from the line up area, and right next to our meeting place
Saturday.  Also I know some members have expressed interest in coming in Friday
December 3rd and going to Atlantic City and staying there.  Rates are usually
cheaper on Friday night and very reasonable.  In any event that is the plan.
Please email me ASAP to let me know if you plan to attend so I can get an
idea of how many cars to expect.  Details will be posted on our club website.  Here is the
tentative itinerary and information.

Saturday December 4th 2004
We will meet starting at 10:00am at the Eckerd Drug Store in Ship Bottom, N.J.
We will head out at 11:15am SHARP, to the parade line up area two blocks away.
Bring your Family Band radios and have them on Channel 12. Info about the parade
can be found at http://www.shipbottom.org/cal.htm
   Info for the location of the meeting point can be found at www.eckerd.com.
Using their store locator here is the address for those wanting to use
mapquest.com

Eckerd Drug Store
819 Barnegat Avenue
Ship Bottom, N.J.  08008

Lodging:
For those interested, here is info for The Quarter Deck Inn Motel.  It is
located directly next door to the Eckerd Drug Store where we will be meeting.
The Motel has a nightclub and bar and usually live bands Fri and Sat nights.
Check out their site for details and directions.

The Quarter Deck Inn
http://www.qdlbi.com/
(609) 494-9044  (reservations)

After the parade at approximately 2:30pm we will head to an informal lunch and
get together.  There is a Friday?s and an Applebee?s and other nice places to
eat right near the Garden State Parkway.  After lunch those wishing to can head
home or to Atlantic City or tour the area.  Info will be provided at lunch.

Directions:
For those that attended the Fall Tour in 2003 in Wildwood, we will be meeting in
almost the same area as our first meeting point for that event.

Coming from the north:
Take the Garden State Parkway to Exit 63 (Manahawkin and Long Beach Island
Exit).  Stay to right on Exit Ramp, follow sign for Route 72 East.  Follow Route
72 East towards Long Beach Island.  You will go through 5 traffic lights and
come to a bridge.  You will go over a series of 4 bridges.  You will see The
Quarter Deck Inn Motel as you come over the fourth bridge.  Stay to your left.
Directly behind The Quarter Deck Inn is the Eckerd Drug Store.  Pull into the
parking lot.

Coming from the south:
Take the Garden State Parkway to Exit 63.  Follow directions above.

Coming form the west:
Email me for specific directions if you unsure coming from PA or other locations
west.  If coming from Trenton or Northwest NJ take I-195 East from Trenton to
Garden State Parkway South.  Follow to Exit 63.  Follow directions above after
exiting parkway.

Gary Gore
Vice President
DeLorean Mid Atlantic