[DML] Re: Another DMC newbie

Do not trust pictures for rust. This is something you really have to
check out in person. There could be large areas of the frame where the
paint is still there, it is just loose and the frame is rusty
underneath. Worse, just out of frame could be a big hole! I could
never buy a car on E-bay without having it inspected by someone I
could trust short of seeing it myself. Once the seller has your money
you get the car even if it was misrepresented. It is up to you to
prosecute a recovery. If it is out-of-state it gets harder and harder.
If you can't go to see the car how are you going to take him to court
in his state? If you don't have "car repair experience" you are
starting out all wrong. Guaranteed you will have all kinds of things
to do with this car, many you will only find out about AFTER you spend
your money on it. Your safest course of action is to get in touch with
the local group and have them help you find one. The best route would
be to spend more up front and get a "good" one. You should also get in
touch with the venders, they can sell you a Delorean and although it
may cost a little more up front at least you will know what you are in
for! Take your time and keep looking, there are enough out there for
sale so that if you keep looking you will find the one that's right
for you. Try to buy one locally so you don't have to spend a lot of
money for shipping, and you can see it and touch it BEFORE you buy it.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757