[DML] Re: New Rear Number Plate Surrounds

[DML] Re: New Rear Number Plate Surrounds

Hi Harold,

I knew someone would point that out.

I had them cast with mountings on the rear, where the original
screws would have gone, these can be drilled and threaded.

The idea behind this is so you can reach through the rear tail light
appetures and secure the surround to the car from inside the rear
bumper. (hope that makes sence)

The result....no visible screw heads messing up the look of the
numberplate surround, of course you could still drill and
countersink the surround enabling you to use the original fixing
method that's your choice.

I thought it made a better finish to have the screw heads out of
sight especially if you have a surround that is polished and not
painted, the last thing you want is screw heads showing.

All comments welcome, more info and photos at www.newoldbits.co.uk

Kindest Regards

James RG
VIN# 5462