[DML] Leather Refinishing

In the process of bringing 7138 "back to life" I had to do something
with the leather seats. They were discolored and cracked. I didn't
want to replace them (expensive) so I tried a company called
Leatherique. They sell products to remove old dye and redye the
leather and restore it. They color matched for me leather dye and
carpet dye. It was amazing how well the leather seating surfaces
turned out. The cracks were only in the dye, not the leather. They now
have the color (grey) on file for Deloreans so anyone who needs this
stuff in the future won't have to color match. The also have dye for
the vinyl but I used Plasticote Spray which I think is a better match.
For anyone that wants to "freshen up" their interior or care for their
leather they have a product called "Leather Rejuvenator" that can turn
cardboard hard leather soft and supple. You can find them at
leatherique.com. The stuff is expensive but IMHO it is better than
Lexol which is also pricey. No, I don't get any free product for
pitching them, I just had a good experience with it. BTW this stuff is
good for ANY leather product on any car. They use it on Rolls-Royce,
Bently, Jaguar, and other high-end and exotic cars. On Deloreans the
only leather is the seating surfaces (not the sides or back) the door
pull straps, the steering wheel (not the pad) and on a 5-speed the
gearshift boot.
David Teitelbaum