[DML] Re: Help..Inaccessible RUST

I ran into the same issue on mine a long time ago. The "right" way to
fix it is to cut the bottom panel off, fix the inside, and weld it
back together. I wasn't very thrilled with that option either. So I
took Grady's advice and cut a 1" hole (with a holesaw) smack in the
middle of the bottom of the panel, and working thru that hole cleaned
it up as best I could and then painted the inside with POR 15 using
small rags, latex gloves, and a coathanger with a blob of cloth on
it. It helps if you remove the lower control arms because then you
can get to it from the ends as well, but as you noted that's a pretty
tough reach.

It sounds like in your case that hole may already be there, but on an
unmodified car the only holes in that section are immediatly above
the area and on either end.

Dave S

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dmcorlando2003" <SundeQuick@xxxx>