[DML] Overtemp monitor / "dummy light"?

Folks,

Has anyone added a high temp "dummy light" to their cars, or could
someone provide me with information on doing so?

With winter fast approaching, I have been making daily use of my (1.25
mile range) remote start and letting the car warm up for 10 to 15
minutes before heading out to the parking lot. I start it from my
office and can neither see nor hear the car, only knowing it's been
started due to the confirmation on the keyfob. As it gets colder
outside, I expect I'll run the car unattended for even longer.

Overheating is a big concern. The car will idle until it runs out of
gas without overheating, but if the fans were to die, or the water
pump, or one of the belts were to break, or a hose, or any number of
other cooling system components, I'd come back out to a real problem.
Anything from a destroyed engine to a car on fire.

Therefore, I need a basic circuit that energizes a relay if the
temperature gets to about the midpoint on the gauge (well before any
damage could occur). I can wire this to an input on my starting system
that would kill the ignition and alert my pager. If the car had a
dummy light I'd just tap into that, but it doesn't, and I don't know
how to add one.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

-Ryan