[DML] Re: Low-vin door problem

Sounds like 2 problems. You may have the torsion bar a spine or 2 too
tight. You should be able to close from inside. The other thing to
check is that the door should not hit on the head of either striker
(anchor) pin. If you see the head is shiny remove a washer or 2 so it
doesn't hit the head of the pin. If when you close the door and you
hit the head of the anchor pin, that forces the door foward (or back
depending on which is hitting). If it is hitting BOTH pins on the head
that can cause the door to jam. Make sure that the anchor pin goes
right up the center of the guide into the lock. The door moves in an
arc so it is a little tricky to adjust. Some trial-and-error will get
it. Do all of your adjustments on level ground. I think on the real
low vin cars they didn't all come with the stainless guides. You may
want to add them if you don't have them.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757