From: Jake Kamphoefner [mailto:jakekamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2004 2:41 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [DML] LED's for the center console

Hi Andy,

I was afraid of the same thing before I put the LEDs in 1063, but I was
wrong.  The bulbs I posted about a few days ago have lenses on the end that
widen the angle of the light produced.  I was highly satisfied.  I think
these are the same Bob is using, but I certainly can't verify that.

Also, don't use the white or blue bulbs in the fan fail/lock doors/ rear
def. sockets.  Use the red LEDs.  The white doesn't really look right.  The
red ones are beautifly even, rich, and much more stock-appearing
(admittedly, in my own opinion).  I used 3 red LEDs, and 4 "super white
inverted lens", all BA7s from www.autolumination.com

I'll try to remember to post a picture of my setup for you to see.

Jake Kamphoefner

Soma576@xxxxxxx wrote:

I can't imagine LED's would look very good at night time behind the center
console. The very nature of LED's would make dispersal difficult, which is
what illuminates the console in the first place. I think LED's would make
the console spotty instead of warm looking. LED's may be better for some
things, but in other places regular bulbs are important for the right feel
instead of a cold, digital look. Change my mind with some pictures.

Andy

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews