[DML] Re: Getting Pulled Over

[MODERATOR'S NOTE: Gary is right about refocusing on the core topic of the list.]

Speaking for one of the many in the law enforcement community who own a DeLorean and are on this list, I have to say it always amuses me to see statements like Bob's below that he drives 106mph and feels he is uneccesarily harassed.  Of course as usual one original question posted about turn signal color quickly denegrades into a discussion about personal "cop" stories.  I would say from experience that very few police officers care about what kind of car they are stopping and I wouldn't flatter yourself into thinking that driving a DeLorean makes you a special target.  Perhaps its the 106mph speed limit you are maintaining.  Of course none of this relates to the DML as usual, or the topics the list was formed to address, So maybe instead of venting about you own personal history you should try to answer the original question.  I am sure that we could post hundreds of stories about owners being given only a warning as well, as well as the many times local police officers assist us in our events and shows in different areas.

Gary

<<Harassmed quite a bit in this car is a very great statement. Every
time I'm at the pump getting gas, ill notice a police car pulling off
the road a little ways away, making sure a 20 year old guy didn't
steal a weird fast expensive looking car. Thats not even limited to
the gas pump,  ive had my plates run probably a thousand times by now.
Harassed?-getting pulled over for my license plate lamps being
out...(both out seemed quite odd to me so--) when I asked the officer
if I could check them real fast he said actually I saw you go past my
house fast in this car, by getting his badge number and the name of
his supervisor, He isn't on the force anymore ;). Speeding is
obviously the fault of the driver and therefore not harassment, but
this car is like a magnet for cops. Dani B. 5003.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Videobob Moseley" <videobob@xxxx>