RE: [DML] Door LED's

Naturally, I will respond to this!
(who else would you imagine?) - LOL

The answer is:

Colored bulbs.

As many of you know, I specialize in selling the LED bulbs for the DeLorean.
I tested hundreds of bulbs to see which one's worked the best.
I too thought that the WHITE bulbs would give a brighter effects, and in
fact they do.
The problem with the white bulbs is that the light beam is very concentrated
in the center
and you end up with a white hot center where the color is washed out and
looks milky.
This is why in most cases you do not want to use white.

For the doors, I used amber / red lights that are made of a cluster of 6
tiny lights
that are set to wide angle, and directioned out so that you get a soft and
even
light pattern. Now the lights in my door are bright enough that they will
make you squint
if you look right at them....then you get to play "follow the purple dot"
for the next minute.
How much brighter do you need it?

In most cases it is best to use the color bulb of the lens as it only
accents it.
However, for my new console lights I used white, only because blue has the
lowest level
of illumination in the spectrum and is not very bright, the inside of the
console cover is
made to turn white light into blue and since these bulbs are so small they
are not strong enough
to glow through black plastic, so there are no hot spots.

I also have a cluster kit, that will replace all the bubs in the intrument
cluster.
For all of the colored locations, I used a colored bulb, so for instance the
green bulb for the
headlight indicator is a rich green. When we tried it with a white bulb, it
was milky in the center
with green around the edges, but with the green bulb it is a clean even
color.

I hope this answers your questions about which bulbs to use and where.

If you have any other specific questions feel free to email me.
I have photos of these bulbs at:
http://www.dfwdmc.com

Thanks.
- Videobob