[DML] Re: That time of year again (storage)

[DML] Re: That time of year again (storage)

-Take the battery out and put it on a battery tender.
-I believe in storing with the gas tank as empty as possible. After
doing two restorations of fuel systems, Less Is Better. Moisture is
not a huge problem on this car (if the fuel pump boot is solid)
because of the plastic tank.
The only year I had any difficulty getting it to start was when I
used fuel stabilizer, so now I don't. I dump about 5 gallons of fresh
gas in before I start it in the spring.
-An alternative to putting it on jackstands is to pump the tires up
to the max on the label. That minimizes the flat-spotting, which is
not really a huge problem in five months of storage anyway.

Dave S