[DML] Re: Diagnostic plug

Hi Nick.
The answer to this one is easy since I have the DeLorean workshop
manual in front of me.
Yes, as far as I've heard there was never any device made to attach
to this plug to take a reading.

Page M:03:01
Diagnostic Socket
The Diagnostic Socket on the engine enables the following to be
carried out direct with approved instruments-
Checking H.T. circuit
Duty cycle frequency valve
Initial advance setting
Checking the development of centrifugal and vacuum curves
Measuring engine R.P.M.

     Wire Connections
A  Lambda Electronic Control Unit Orange.
   Frequency Valve Monitor

B  Feed Wire Purple. Battery Feed

C  T.D.C. Pick-Up on Cylinder Block

D  Earth. Yellow wire

Terminal Allocation          Wire Colour
1.  T.D.C. Signal Pick-up      RED

2.  Diagnostic Socket
    Earth (ground)             YELLOW

3.  Lambda Electrical
    Control Unit               BLACK

4.  T.D.C. Signal Pick-Up      WHITE

5.  T.D.C. Pick-up Screening

6.  Feed                       GREY

Terminal number 1 starts at top row far left socket inside plug.
Number 2 top middle.  Number 3 top right.  Number 4 second row far
left.  Number 5 second row middle.  Number 6 second row far right.

Plagiarized by yours truly.

Many interesting items inside the DeLorean workshop manual.
Including the torque specs.  Control circuit diagrams.  Brake
bleeding procedure.  Explanation of the heating and air conditioning.
For example page M:07:01 "A defective relay is indicated by the
failure of the unit it operates."
Pretty simple.

Mark R. Vanyo
VIN # 02261