Re: AW: [DML] Re: End of life for idle ECU's

Elvis Nocita wrote:

 >And still - a good control loop can compensate any hunting of the idle,
 >especially the bad ones that let the idle vary with about 1Hz.
 >
 >There's absolutely no reason or explanation behind an idle speed hunting

It's simply down to the speed at which the auxiliary air valve can move.
Modern engines use ignitionadvance/retard to fine-tune engine speed, and
the aux air valve is just for coarse adjustments. That coarse (slow)
adjustment is all we have.

 >And also there's a diference between cold and warm ! Sometimes when cold
 >the engine may hunt very bad but suddenly stopps to hunt when it gets
warm.

The point at which it stops is the point at which the lambda system
switches into active mixture control - proving that the hunting is
caused by a rich mixture in the first place. This is normal on an
original DeLorean engine.

I agree with you that a vac leak will not cause our typical hunting.

Martin