	From: deloreanss@xxxxxxx [mailto:deloreanss@xxxxxxx]
	Sent: Sat 10/23/2004 6:55 PM
	To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
	Subject: Re: [DML] Re: stripping paint

	You will, without a doubt, have to regrain the car as the grain was most
	likely smoothed out to create a flat paint job. I've depainted a VW beetle, and
	trying all the methods, I also found chemical strippers to be the best. They
	will eat plastic or fiberglass though, so be careful. You ought to get in contact
	with Evil Dan Deutsch (hope I spelled that right) as he has been through the
	whole process on his car. The final result is stunning.

	VB, please leave the red cars alone, we all work hard to keep our cars as
	nice as can be and some of us like the red (as well as stainless steel). You know
	what they say, if you can't say something nice...

	John Weaver
	RED DMC #10527
	MidSouth DMC
	www.msdmc.com