[DML] My newest trick-

I'm sure plenty of folks here have done a fuel delivery test before
so I'm not impressing anyone but I wanted to share the experience I
had today when I performed the test on my car:

I lack real test equipment. I also was afraid to do this test
because my fuel lines are brittle and I've broken 2 of them so far.
Those were the biggest reasons for my procrastination.

After installing new lines, Mike Cohee and I purchased a 6-pack of
ICB cream soda. After drinking/draining and washing the bottles we
put them back in the 6-pack and dropped the injectors into the
bottles. 5 of 6 had useless spray patterns when throttle was
applied. 3 of those 5 barely sprayed at all. You could force them to
spray, or change the pattern by lightly tapping the injector with a
screwdriver handle. There was barely any "singing" from the chatter
valve that atomizes the fuel.

Fortunately we had a spare set of injectors and they were replaced
and the pattern checked. The injectors are quite loud when they all
sing and atomize the fuel correctly. We also checked to make sure
they open at exactly the same time.

For those who -haven't- done this test but want to, I offer my non-
expert advice- Use clear glass bottles, not brown (plastic melts),
mark a calibration line on each bottle. This'll tell you if they all
deliver the same amount of fuel in a given number of seconds. If the
injectors don't sing, they're dirty. Make sure you don't have any
that drip when you're NOT applying throttle, and that they all open
at the same time.

The whole thing was very educational. My idle is rock-solid, the
Lambda system is working properly, the car starts with a bump of the
key and I have all the power I'm going to get from the stock
configuration.

Rich A.