[DML] Re: Symptoms of bad TA bolts

Harry,

I would recommend reviewing Post 46068 by Joe Kuchan, echoing the
advice of David T. and others.  This is not a very easy job if all
does not go well.  Joe's son Peter has a very nice, low mileage
Delorean and we had one bolt that we could not remove with a 40 ton
press and we had the luxury of using a lift.  I guess if we had a
torch, we may have gotten it out but I almost doubt it.  Luckily
we had a spare trailing arm to replace the one with the stuck bolt
but it turned into at least a good half day job (on a 5-speed).

I have replaced a few dozen TA bolts over the years on many cars
and I only had one go "very easy" and that was my Canadian D.
Maybe my experience has been with too many "rust belt" Deloreans
but I always allow for plenty of time to change a set of TA bolts.

Later,
Rich W.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "ryanpwright" <yahoo1@xxxx> wrote:

> Harry,
>
> I don't believe there are any symptoms until it's too late.
>
> That said, you don't need a lift. A set of ramps and a jack to help
> release the load when you remove the bolts is plenty. This is a
very
> easy job (unless you have an automatic).
>
> -Ryan
>
> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "spaceace3113" <spaceace3113@xxxx>
wrote:

> > Other than visual inspection is there away one can diagnose bad
> > trailing arm bolts by driving, handling characteristics?
Curious, as